Up to 3 years of continuous DME treatment.
ILUVIEN is the only prescription treatment option for DME that delivers continuous therapy without the need for monthly injections*.
*Individual patient results vary patient to patient
1. Evaluation: Are you a candidate?
You may be a candidate for ILUVIEN if:
- You have diabetes and are experiencing…
Double VisionLoss of VisionBlurred VisionFloaters
- You are already on DME treatment and are tired of monthly injections
- You have not been treated for increased pressure within the eye or glaucoma in the past
Your eye doctor will perform a detailed evaluation to assess your condition and determine if you are a candidate for ILUVIEN.
Make an appointment today!
2. Insurance Benefit Investigation
At Alimera Sciences, we believe everyone should have access to treatment.
AccessPlus helps to find potential payment assistance programs for qualified insured and uninsured patients in need of ILUVIEN, including:
- Co-pay assistance for insured patients
- Patients who are uninsured or who carry commercial insurance that does not include ILUVIEN in its coverage plan
- Qualified uninsured patients at no cost
3. ILUVIEN Injection
A single ILUVIEN 0.19mg is injected by a retina specialist during an in-office procedure.
- Prior to the procedure, your eye is numbed.
- The ILUVIEN implant is then delivered via a tiny needle.
- And there are no stitches.
- Once ILUVIEN is in place, it will provide a continuous release of a low-dose treatment that reduces inflammation associated with DME.
4. Life with ILUVIEN
Many patients may experience sustained vision, reduction in retinal edema, and significantly fewer eye injections after ILUVIEN.
Imagine what life would be like with fewer DME injections…
Regular care, fewer monthly injections.
ILUVIEN treatment can last for up to 36 months. However, you and your doctor will need to work together to monitor your eye health.